When creating an online marketing strategy, there are important things to remember.
It’s exciting to start your own business, but then you realize that success may not be in your reach and you will need to put extra effort to stand out in a highly competitive market.
Online marketing for startups poses unique challenges. Not only are you charting new territories but you also have to do it with limited resources.
Traditional marketing strategies are no longer effective. You can’t rely on them.
We have listed below some key aspects that you should consider when creating an online marketing strategy.
- 1. Establishing the Foundation
Before you can start to explore specific strategies and techniques, it is important to have a solid foundation on which all other marketing techniques can be built. These are:
- Select your market. The whole world is not your stage. At least, not yet. Marketing to everyone can lead to a loss of time and resources. Instead, choose a market that is suitable for your value proposition, considering their size, wealth, and competition.
- Keyword definition: These keywords will be used wherever you need them, so it is important to maintain a consistent list of target keywords click here. Ask yourself how people searching for your products or you will search for them. This can be done with many tools, such as Uber Suggest and Google Keyword Tool. Uber Suggest or Google Keyword Tool are two examples of tools that can help you with this task. These keywords can be used as categories for content creation and marketing.
- Define success. set business goals and define success for you. It is important to write it down and share it with your entire team. Be consistent with your benchmarks, regardless of whether they’re revenue, sign-ups, or profit.
- Define core metrics. don’t simply follow metrics because they work for everybody else. Define metrics that can be measured and accurately represent the objectives you have set. Focus on the important things. To track your success, start by recording your baseline metrics.
- Establish a budget. Determine how much money you have available to fund your startup’s marketing strategy. Moreover, you should decide how the budget will be spent.
- 2. Social Media
Social media can be used to reach influencers and connect with them. It also allows you to promote your content and engage with potential and current consumers. These are the steps you need to take to get the most from social media.
- Select the right networks. Don’t choose a network just because it’s popular, or because your competitors have done it in the beginning. You shouldn’t just choose a network that requires minimal effort or strategy. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest are the most popular networks. Each network is great, but each has its requirements. These must all be understood and used to their full potential. Take into account the demographics of the social network and then target the area where the majority of your audience is.
- Select posting times: While there is no one best time to post, some times are better than others. For example, Facebook allows you to post on weekends and evenings for greater reach. One post per day is sufficient. Twitter rules are different. You can tweet at 5 p.m. for more retweets. However, you can only do one to four-link tweets per hour. Every day is great, except Mondays and Fridays.
- Target keywords The list that you have created can be used here. To maximize engagement, you should focus your conversations around your keywords. Social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite, which allow you to monitor social conversations and join in on them, are great options if you have the budget. Keywords are important for advertising targeting.
- Make an influencer list: Inspiring influencers can help increase brand popularity, especially for new brands. It takes time to build a following on social media. Journalists and community leaders are great places to start. Market research can help identify other influencers, e.g. Popular bloggers, people with large followings, etc.